[ROM][WIP] CM10.2 Badadroid v3.1 for WAVE 1 and WAVE 2
So once again it’s time to upgrade our project to Android 4.3.1
Let’s emphasize that– THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITED. DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS ARE ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.
CM sources of 21.10.2013
Updated to linux kernel version 3.0.101
270 MB RAM
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn’t work):
- Network registration don’t work with some SIM cards
- GPS – http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…postcount=1371
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- Impossible to shut down phone in android, only restart
– Don’t leave phone charging without supervising – if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it – this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% – it’ll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, which is very unhealthy for battery.
Maybe something else, what i forgot
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free “System” memory
160MB of free “User” memory
400MB of free “Applications” memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device:
(please pay attention if it’s S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you’re choosing!):
- Download ROM from CHANGELOG section
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada’s User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada’s User partition or SD Card.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
– “install zip”
- “choose zip from from storage/sdcard1″(Bada’s User partition) or “choose zip from storage/sdcard0″(SD Card)
– cm-10.2-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes – install
- Reboot holding the Power key
You can remove installation .zip from the User partition from Android level by connecting through USB in MTP mode.
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
After first installation i recommend to disable Screen-off Animation by Settings->Display-> uncheck Scren-off animation
And also for better performance activate zRAM. Settings->Performance->Memory Management->zRam-> and choice Value. I use 26%
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
GAPPS makes the ROM slowl, because even the slim GAPPS occupies about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS http://d-h.st/mBO from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…php?p=47934744
Minimized by -CALIBAN666- from PA GAPPS: [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
Inside: Play Store, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter, GoogleBackupTransport, GoogleLoginService, GoogleServicesFramework, OneTimeinitializer, SetupWizard, The needed xml`s,lib`s+jar`s
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Copy CM10Remove.zip to the Bada’s User partition.
Reboot the phone to Recovery Mode.
CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- Yes – install
Reboot holding the Power key
cf2.me/2S0p ( CM10Remove.zip originally created by Volk204)
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
CyanogenMod team for base ROM
Paulk and Replicant project for good base of bada-modem RIL
and many other who helped us.
kernel with removed +10 RAM patch for v3.1 with working camera and video playback
v3.1 – http://www.multiupload.nl/1E85FRD1ES
- +10mb RAM
- Updated audio codec settings for RCV and HP
- Added 15 volume levels for Calls
- Reworked SMS sending
- Fixed torch toggle in quick settings.